WINTERRICE: HELPING YOUNG REFUGEE FAMILIES SURVIVE
What We Need
ALL OF US will raise the money to buy 100 emergency kits for winter compiled for YOUNG FAMILIES AND PREGNANT WOMEN in dire straits (Refugees are often forced to abandon all of their belongings during the crossing).
EACH KIT CONTAINS REUSABLE ITEMS
Quality waterproofed dry-bag (see bottom), 3 people light weight pro storm shelter (see below), 4 reusable emergency sleeping bags , 4 ponchos (2 adult, 2 child), a 1L thermos, insulation mat, pack of 4 lighters, windup flashlight (led), 2 vitamin packs (1 adult, 1 child), 4x emergency nutrition food portions, 4 hats (2 adult, 2 child), basic first aid kit, Children Identity bracelets, 1 lightweight but warm blanket. Additionally prenatal vitamins will be provided to pregnant women.
100 EUR will buy ONE family kit (wearable as a light-weight rucksack) that will raise the chances of survival for babies, children and parents during their transit. You can put a personal message (and/or a phone number if they pass through the town you live in) in the kits you sponsored.
We are experienced in organizing things. In fact, we have lots of experience in organizing things and people. We are equally good in getting expert advice and listening to it. We are in contact with various support groups on different island and will be coordinating our efforts carefully to maximise the impact of your kits. There is no time to wait!
- the money raised will be used purchasing the most necessary items in bulk at a very good prices.
- We will then bring your kits to the Greek island where they are most needed at that time.
- We will take it there ourselves and distribute them directly to young families before the end of the year. We will not be paid for our time, effort or personal expenses.
- We will keep everyone informed on the process vial email and Facebook.
- We will update our strategy if it makes sense to do so.
- The sooner we reach our goal the sooner we get going.
Other Ways You Can Help
You might not be able to contribute cash but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- find links regarding cheap purchases of listed items
- identify additional, useful l items to add to the kit and send them to us
- raise items in your neighbourhood and send them to us.
- help gathering things in Athens
- help distributing kits in December on one of the Greek islands
- become an official ambassador of this campaign actively encouraging others to contribute (we would add you as a team member on this website).
- share this campaign with your friends.
- share this campaign with everyone else too.
- do you speak arabic? If so, let us know.
R.I.C.E. is a cultural initiative based on Hydra, Greece. Founded in 2013, it is dedicated to exploring the choreography of humans. R.I.C.E. aims to envision human relations (personal, political and social) with the sensibilities of an artist, poet, dancer. It is a loose collective of individuals that include well-known as well as emergent national and international artists and thinkers. By contributing to this campaign in any way you can consider yourself part of this initiative.